A free, peer-reviewed automotive textbook for students and instructors to share.
Simply click on the ASE area in the menu to find a table of contents of all listed topics. If the topic is highlighted, there is a downloadable PDF containing the content.
- A1 – Engine Repair
- A2 – Automatic Transmission/Transaxle
- A3 – Manual Drive Train and Axles
- A4 – Suspension and Steering
- A5 – Brakes
- A6 – Electrical/Electronic Systems
- A7 – Heater and Air Conditioning
- A8 – Engine Performance
- A9 – Light Vehicle Diesel Engines
- L1 – Advanced Engine Performance
- L2 – Electronic Diesel Engine Diagnosis
- L3 – Light Duty Hybrid/Electric Vehicle
- G1 – Auto Maintenance and Light Repair
A list of authors and peer reviewers are indicated in each downloadable PDF. Any questions regarding the content should be directed to email@example.com.
As a bonus, there are a few additional training/educational resources.
NVH and Stability Control
The following are PDF copies of PowerPoints used by Southern Illinois University faculty in a “Fundamental Vehicle Systems and Repair Training” course offered to GSA employees:
Monday Session: Engine Fundamentals
Tuesday Session: Engine Electrical and Electronics
Wednesday Session: Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Alignments, Tires
Thursday Session: Hybrid and Electric Vehicles